As you can probably tell from my fitness posts, I like to understand the science behind things. When it comes to my faith, I often hear people argue that God and the bible can’t be real because science proves it.
I think that science proves the opposite. However, I don’t think that naming off a bunch of scientific facts can make someone believe. I think that has to happen in their own way and their own time, and they have to be open to it as well.
As a believer, I love to research the scientific evidence because it really strengthens my beliefs. I don’t think we mix science and the possibility of a higher power enough. Science and God don’t have to be enemies. I think science was created by God. Science shows we were made from dust and well the bible says this too.
Genesis 2: 7 “And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul”
But wait, there’s so much more…
10 More Scientific Proofs of God and the Bible
- Non-Christian Historians from the time of Jesus do deny Christ as the Messiah, but all documented that Jesus was real. They just believed he was some sort of magician tricking Christians. There is written record from non-Christians that he was crucified and that there was an earthquake and darkness at this time. We have more proof that Jesus was real and crucified than the opposing.
- The bible explained the importance of blood long before humans ever understood the importance of it. The bible stated in Leviticus Ch 17: 11 “The life of the flesh is in the blood…” It wasn’t until the 1800s that we figured this out. Old medical practices long after the bible was written would drain people’s blood when they were sick and it would often kill them.
- The bible understood the importance of sanitation practices before we implemented it. In 1846, the city of London had a terrible Cholera epidemic because they would dump their sewage in the streets. Long before this, the bible stated in Deuteronomy 12: 13 “You must have a designated area outside the camp where you can go to relieve yourself. Each of you must have a spade as part of your equipment. Whenever you relieve yourself, dig a hole with the spade and cover the excrement.” (Sorry scientific evidence isn’t always “pretty”. LOL)
- (More gross facts.) In 1847, 18% of women giving birth would die because nurses at the time would work on dead bodies and then help the women that were giving birth without washing their hands. After hand washing was implemented, this dropped from 18% to 2%. The bible warned us to wash our hands long before we started implementing it. Numbers 19: 11-12 “The person who touches any human corpse will be unclean for seven days. He is to purify himself with the water on the third day and the seventh day; then he will be clean. But if he does not purify himself on the third and seventh days, he will not be clean.” The bible actually explained germs many times. Covering your mouth and quarantine was instructed in Leviticus. The bible’s medical knowledge was ahead of the times.
- For thousands of years Noah’s Ark was the largest recorded boat. With it’s dimensions being 30 to 5 to 3, this is the perfect ratio to carry tons of supplies. Much later these same dimensions were used for used for the SS Great Britain ship and also for ships for World War II. Noah’s ship building was the first of its time for a long time.. How would Noah know to make a boat with those dimensions? Only God can be the explanation..
- Food regulations. We often get beef steak rare, but not pork steak rare. In the modern times we know this and understand why, but the old testament written 3,000 years before modern times exhibits a knowledge of food born diseases, which surpasses the knowledge people had back then.
- The bible is perfectly historically accurate. Here are just a few facts that show how. The David stone proved David was a king of Israel. Pilate inscription that proved “pontius pilate” was the governor of Judea at the time that the bible says. And also, the unity of the bible: written over a period of 1600 years. It’s a catalog of 66 different books, 40 writers. They spoke different languages. But, there’s nothing contradicting if you really dive into the context. There is a “magical” unity of all of the books of the bible. The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls proved that we translated through the years perfectly.. Ever played the game telephone? This would have been impossible without a higher power.
- The bible is the most attacked book, but still the number one selling book. Some people in certain countries aren’t allowed to read the bible, like their government would literally kill them, but they choose to risk their lives and read the bible secretly. I believe this is because there is power in God’s word.
- Miracles. They happen every day. We can’t explain them scientifically.
- The very glue that holds our cells together, a protein called Laminin is in the shape of a cross. Colossians 1: 17 states, “He [Christ] is before all things, and in him all things hold together.”
There is sooo much more but, don’t take my word for it. Research it for yourself.